PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
- This page sets out our approach to your information and cookies.
- We take your privacy very seriously indeed. If you do want us to contact you for promotional purposes, we can (we will, of course, communicate with you in connection with any order which you have placed, including order confirmation e-mails). We will never sell your information.
- We collect information to allow you to place orders with us and to improve your experience using our website. In particular, we diligently collect, track and interpret all data, including personal data, which help to reveal what users generally, and you specifically, like and dont like about our website, content, and advertising.
- We may share data with strategic partners (who may be located outside of the European Economic Area) so that we can better understand and improve the visitor experience, and cater to your preferences.
- You can always find out what information we hold about you, and you can always opt-out, anytime, day or night (even on high holidays).
This policy explains how we process personal data. Please read it carefully. By visiting www.stagingbox.info/van-bulck (our website) you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act. For the purposes of that Act, the data controller is VAN BULCK BEERS BVBA, a company registered in Belgium under company number 0702.939.697 with registered office 13 Karel Janssenlaan, 8400 Oostende.
We will not e-mail you in the future for marketing purposes unless you have given us your consent. Any consent which you give to us for marketing purposes will apply to marketing communications issued.
We always try to ensure that marketing communications are tailored and relevant to you, but we will always give you the chance to unsubscribe from any marketing email.
The type of information we will collect about you may include your name, address, phone number, email address, IP address and payment details.
You may give us information by using our website or by corresponding with us by phone or e-mail. You will provide information to us when you register to use our website, subscribe to any update service, respond to a marketing communication, search for a product, otherwise navigate to, through or away from our website, place an order, participate in social media functions or promotion.
We suspect that it wont come as a galloping shock to you to learn that we record our incoming and outgoing telephone conversations with our customers and other third parties. We do so for the purposes of crime prevention, and in a way which is consistent with guidance issued by the Information Commissioners Office. All telephone records will be deleted from our records 6 months after the date of the relevant conversation. We reserve the right to share telephone records with law enforcement agencies, and we may also use those records for training purposes, but will otherwise keep them strictly confidential.
We collect, share and analyze technical information relating to your use of our website and to your experience using our website (including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site, download errors, methods used to browse away from each page and any phone number used to call our customer service number). In basic terms, we will collect as much information about your use of our website as we possibly can. In our experience, this is the best way of improving the experience of visitors to the website. Oh, and just because other websites don’t tell you that they do this, doesn’t mean that they don’t!
- for staff training purposes;
- in order to investigate or prevent fraud;
- to allow us to investigate a website users complaint or comment; or
- to improve the layout, features, and functionality of our website, content and advertising these details tell us what users like and don’t like about our online presence.
We may share these details with strategic partners who work with us and who will process those details and inform us about any trends, patterns or behaviors which might be useful to us in improving our website, content, and advertising. Those third parties may be located outside of the European Economic Area but they will always be bound by strict obligations of confidentiality. Information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
As part of our participation in Google’s Certified Shops Programme, certain information relating to transactions undertaken on our website will be collected and processed by Google. We provide transaction information to Google to demonstrate that we deliver orders on time, have a low occurrence of customer issues, and resolve customer issues quickly.
Technical information can be collected using a ‘cookie’ which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening if you wish. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. Sensitive information includes information relating to your health and religion and sexual orientation. We will use our reasonable endeavors to ensure that any information which we do hold will be accurate and up to date.
You can make a formal ‘data subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 to access the information we hold about you. By law, any data subject access request may be subject to a fee of 15 Euro to meet our costs.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of your data to our website is at your own risk.
Our website may, from time to time, contain carefully chosen links to the sites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any liability for these sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
COOKIES ! WHAT ARE THEY?
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
COOKIES & HOW WE USE THEM
- keep track of your shopping basket;
- allow you to login to your account;
- remember your preferences; and
- customize the website to be more relevant to you (like displaying prices in your country’s currency).
Additionally, we use “analytics” cookies to help us make our website better by telling us what users like and don’t like.
You can disable cookies completely by changing your browser settings; however, some areas of our website will not be accessible or may not function properly. You can also delete cookies relating to our website, but if you do so we will not remember things about you.